Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Noncommutative

Have I mentioned before? I rather think I must have, for I know it occurs to me most every year, of late...

It's just funny the way the Church has decided to celebrate the Visitation about a week after the Nativity of St. John The Baptist. Clearly, the placement of this feast (celebrating an event which must have actually take place about two or three months ago) is not about chronology, while in contrast the Annunciation and John's Nativity and Christmas are very carefully coordinated with eachother.

It must be an echo of how Time means something different in Heaven; a different reflection of how, every Sunday we witness anew the Passion, and commemorate the resurrection in the veiled presense of The Resurrection. Ours is a profoundly poetic Church.

Happy Feast Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment