Sunday, July 29, 2012

From a whisk-user

Dear Gelatinifers,

I wish to register a complaint; specifically, without endorsing the heresy sometimes wrongly known as "Luddite", it is nonetheless my firmly-held belief that recipes artificially biased in favour of electromechanical mixing apparatus should only be packaged with electromechanical mixing apparatus (and otherwise appear in books describing what they are), not with foodstuffs. I'm sure I shall, after one or two more trials, adapt the method so as not to melt the cream I've just whipped, but I don't see why I should have to use up the whole box of whatever it is you actually sold me, before it is properly useful, after you pretend to suggest a recipe.

As it is, I'm rather tempted to just get me a bottle of orange-infused curaƧao (or maybe kirsch!) and go back to meringue mousse.

a disgruntled cook

0 comments:

Post a Comment